domenica 11 luglio 2010

Nork is Whole Screen Big

So, I have a habit of scouring the interwebs for obscure video game art, concept art when possible. I suppose that wouldn't be surprising to anyone who knows me, considering I don't have a life. Anyway, recently a friend of mine has been watching Dragon Ball Z, for the first time. Seriously, he's never watched it before, and I've been watching it with him when I'm over his place. I'll write more on that later. So I was looking for art for an old Squaresoft game by the name of Tobal. I only remember Tobal from video game magazines circa 1995 and from occupying the shelf at Video City (a momn'pop video store that went under around 10 years ago in the town over from me. They used to give free popcorn with video rentals.)

So Akira Toriyama did the character designs for Dragon Ball Z, he also did the designs for a surprisingly large number of video games, Tobal being among them.

While looking for this art, which i was highly unsuccessful at, I stumbled upon a website, which appears to have been made circa 1997, by Del the funky homosapien, where he reviews Tobal no.2, Battle Arena Toshinden 3, and Sega Virtua Fighters Megamix. You read that correctly, Del made audio reviews (which require real media player to listen to) of obscure japanese fighting games for the original playstation and sega saturn.

This makes me love Del so much more than I already did.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento